Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 2, 2014

DeAnn Oliekan--Teacher spotlight

Deann, has taught at the Quilt Walk before but not for a couple of years and we have missed her.  She has fun classes. 
This is from The Spinning Star class that she will teach all day Friday.  It is a really beautiful block that is becoming a beautiful quilt. 
 In this class you can make multiple designs, It is called 'Heads or tails."  this class is Thursday afternoon.  
 These are some pictures from when she taught it before to show what the students came up with. 



And another one by DeAnn. 
Close up view of the spinning star.  

I asked her to tell a little about herself and she sent this.  Most of these teachers write as well as they quilt.  
"I grew up in Logan, Utah and graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Recreation Education.  (As one of my friends pointed out, I have a degree in giving birthday parties!)  I married my amazing husband 35 years ago.  We raised our family in Kaysville, UT.  Our 3 daughters and 1 son are all married and we have 13 amazing grandkids- that we adore.
I began seriously quilting about 13 years ago.  In 2004, I was hired by Handi Quilter to quality test their quilting machines.  I learned how to machine quilt, and at the age of 50, I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grew up and started my own business- Scrap Happy Quilting.  I have loved getting to know so many great quilters and have enjoyed the opportunity to work on so many beautiful quilts.  
One of my favorite things is to share what I have learned over the years.  I love to teach concept and technique classes.  When you go home from my class, I want you to have your own unique quilt and lots of ideas for more. We have a lot of fun in my classes, and there are usually surprises involved and- of course- CHOCOLATE!!!
This is my second time to teach at the Quilt Walk.  I am so excited to be a part of such a great event.
 Check out some pictures on my blog- happyquilts.blogspot.com."


  


No comments:

Post a Comment