Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

If you want to learn how to machine quilt, these classes are for you. Renae Allen is one of the best teachers around

You will absolutely leave here class feeling like you will be able to do your own quilts.  I am signed up for one of her classes this year.  I asked her to give us some info about her quilting journey. the Panguitch Quilt Walk, some of her samples  and this is what she sent me.  "The first is is full of feathers and fills. 
 My husband named it “Quatro Décennie” which mean four decades in French, because we are in our fourth decade of marriage. 
The second picture is one I just completed.  I haven't named it yet.  It is a English paper pieced Dresden Plate.  It also has feathers and fills for quilting.
  

I began sewing when I was a child and sewed clothing for myself and my family for many years.  I thought quilting was a waste of time. Why would anyone want to cut big pieces of fabric into little pieces, sew them back together again and still not have anything to wear?   My sister is a quilt designer and needed help in her business.  I began quilting samples and piecing and quilting duplicates for her business. My previous quilting experience was in my teens helping my mother tie and quilt by hand.  I confess that I never liked hand quilting but after I discovered machine quilting I was hooked.

My first visit to Quilt Walk was helping my sister, Janet Selck, teach a couple of classes.  We had a delightful time meeting wonderful quilters in a very nice community. A few years later someone suggested I teach machine quilting at Quilt Walk and I decided to send in a proposal. My husband encouraged me because he wanted to hike in nearby beautiful Bryce Canyon. We both had a great time and we are looking forward to this, our fourth year!"  
Thanks Renae. 

No comments:

Post a Comment